Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Book Bag

Well it's done and already gifted to a friend for her birthday... the Book Bag.



I think there are some details still to be sorted but I do like it.


Typically, the bits I like best are not mine.... like Lucie's oilcloth which I used for the
lining. My hope is the plastic will save the linen and keep some structural integrity 
for the shape.


I'm also liking the new strap and buckles which I bought from Nicole's shop ages ago...
Honestly, it was the best handbag supplies store on the net but unfortunately
doesn't operate anymore :(  ...anyone know what happened there?


Actually, I should add that I took these photos before I'd finished sewing down the 
side panels for the strap... so that's why they look like they're lifting up. Hmmm. 
Anyway, that's it... the book bag. All feedback happily received :)

17 comments:

  1. looks great Kylie! Will you be making some for the shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so - I have a few details to work out first :) Thanks Maria! Kx

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous of course! Love that you popped a zipper into the top too - extra book bag security!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab & good thinking with lining it with the oilcloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - and those 3 fabric designs look perfect together!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely gorgeous as is!! I love the combination of colours and patterns you have used:)XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool bag... love the combo of your fabric and the oil cloth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great size for a bag. Perfect for a book (of course) but also the essentials... wallets, keys, phone :). I love the idea of using oil cloth as the liner to sturdy the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Could you iron on some sort of fabric stabiliser to the wrong side of the linen next time if you are still worried? I forget what it's called! Just a thought.

    Hope there is one of your lovely new labels on this bag somewhere too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touch down Kylie. It could not be better. Great working of pattern, colours the lot. be proud!
    Oh...and there is some soap waiting for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of it, think you are brilliant!
    hope you're feeling better after your down day last week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great result! love the lining fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I really like how the lining compliments your design, and I think it's smart to use it to ease the stress on the outer fabric. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love it Kylie! And I love Lucie's oilcloth that you opted to line it with...genius ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. in 100% LOVE with it! the polka dots are faved along with your already rad atomic-esque pattern print. too amazing, i'd use it daily. what a wonderful gift with so much meaning! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully crafted book bag! Simple and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is one book bag that will undoubtedly be highly coveted!! love it x

    ReplyDelete