Friday, June 7, 2013

Camilla's Studio :)



Part of the Ace Camp experience was hanging out in Camilla's studio where she 
explained her process of working and showing us how different works had evolved 
from initial idea to finished painting.







This was literally 'candy shop' time - not a colour overload (the palette was far more
refined)... it was a complete sensory immersion. We all walked into this room like
we'd come upon some sacred space and we wandered around looking (and snapping)
all the vignettes that Camilla had placed at various points in a kind of devotional trance.
I think back on it now and wonder how amusing this was for Camilla ;)


















Fabulous candy store days :)


14 comments:

  1. oh Kylie I'm loving your post of your fabulous trip…. What a fabulous experience- love to come and see what you've created… x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mady :) I'm afraid I didn't really create anything I'd be proud to show, but I learned so much and I can't wait to start experimenting and putting it all to use! Thanks for stopping by :) Kx

      Delete
  2. Wow Kylie...speechless...love these little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing the pictures, I love to see them. You can see what a creative soul Camilla is.
    Thanks again for sharing your impressions:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing, isn't she? Thanks Andrée :) Kx

      Delete
  4. WOW! What an amazing space! You lucky duck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lamina :) It was wonderful - we were so lucky. Kx

      Delete
  5. What fun! I think I'd almost wish I could go right home afterward, before I lost all the creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit like that, Gretchen ;) Thanks. Kx

      Delete
  6. Oh so good. Thanks for sharing this awesome experience. Loving so many of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, sally :) It's been fun re-living it too! Kx

      Delete