Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Crochet Shopping Bag



There are always things I should be doing, and personal projects that sneak their way into 
the mix... this one is the latter. A String Bag or Shopper or whatever you want to call it. I've 
seen images of this pattern floating around Pinterest for a while and managed to trace back 
to the pattern. If you want to have a go yourself, the pattern can be found here



For mine, I altered the pattern slightly. I used a 4 ply Panda crochet cotton in green, with a 
2mm crochet hook because I wanted it to be a bit tighter and stronger. Because of this and 
how it alters the gauge, I had to adjust the pattern by doubling all the stitch counts etc. In 
one part (the panel around the base plate) I thought it didn't look quite right so I trebled it... 
it's made it a bit baggy at the base but maybe that's a good thing because it'll hold more ;)




Anyway, this is it and I'm looking forward to taking it out on a test run when I do some 
grocery shopping this afternoon! Hope you have fun making yours :)

18 comments:

  1. I downloaded the pattern and will be making your changes. Love the way yours looks. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, lovely. Happy shopping my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am in awe of you crocheters! That hook looks very tinsy, enjoy your shopping. S:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it is a tiny hook - thank goodness for my crochet specs!
      Thanks Sally :) Kx

      Delete
  4. Looks AWESOME Kylie! I really want to make one too! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could...one day in a quiet moment i will learn to crochet! meanwhile yours looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag looks beautiful, I love that green yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrée :) It's a great colour, isn't it? Kx

      Delete