Thursday, August 22, 2013

Made by Hand - Layering

I'm playing along with a new creative meme hosted by Christina at A Little Bird Told Me... 
it's called Made by Hand... and my contribution this week is a little project I've been working 
on to do with layering.



I've been working on some mixed media artworks and have also had ideas whirling around 
my head about layering and mixed media for textiles too. 

It started with some brayering...



And then some screenprinting...







And some more layers of screenprinting...





It's not finished yet... obviously the mixed media part will be the layers on top of the surface 
patterning base. I don't know what I was thinking making it a tea towel... it's not exactly going 
to be usable once I've finished, but anyway... just playing around I guess ;)

Pop over to Christina's to see more Made by Hand :)


10 comments:

  1. It looks delicious so far, can't wait to see the finished item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving where you are going here! And who said a tea towel can't be hung on a wall as a piece of art. S:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. All power to the tea towel! :) Kx

      Delete
  3. I love everything about it! The fabric, the colours, the textures..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the subtle layering, and your use of color. I love the tea towel I bought from you and I can't use it, it's way too beautiful and it belongs to the wall, yes!XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annamaria! You always say the loveliest things :) Kx

      Delete
  5. Maybe you could attach it to a timber frame and make it into a painting/print/mixed media artwork? It looks great Kylie, I'm looking forward to seeing what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete